Sports Injuries in Richmond, VA
you play sports, it’s only natural to experience a sports injury.
Unfortunately, a sports injury can put you on the sidelines of your
life. The good news is, your chiropractor can help you regain your
strength, mobility, flexibility, and range of motion.
Dr. Aaron Winston at Winston Chiropractic Care in Richmond, VA, can help you heal from a sports injury.
You can do a lot to prevent sports injuries. Remember to:
- Do stretches and warm-up exercises for several minutes before beginning your sport
- Start out slowly, especially if you haven’t exercised in a long time
- Use the sports and protective equipment right for your sport
- Wear the proper footwear made for your sport
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, especially during the summer
Even with the best preparation, a sports injury can happen when you least expect it. Strained or sprained muscles, tendons, and ligaments are all common injuries when you play a sport.
When you experience a sports injury, one of the best ways you can heal is to pay a visit to your chiropractor. These are just a few of the treatments and therapies your chiropractor might recommend for your sports injury:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which may be done on a table, or using a lumbar roll to help align your vertebrae, and manual release work
- Heat therapy, which helps to increase circulation and relax your tense muscles, helping you heal more quickly
- Ice massage therapy, which helps decrease swelling and muscle spasms, so you will have less pain